It was -27.8 degrees this morning when I went to work. The wind chill is 35-45 below zero. That is some cold air. Here are a few observations that I had this morning on how cold that actually is:
1. My car still didn't feel warm after the 25 minute drive to work and I do keep it in the garage.
2. It took about 45 minutes of dethawing before I could smile or raise my eyebrows once I got to work.
3. There was an accident on the highway. A semi-tanker flipped over that was carrying liquid nitrogen. The nitrogen just formed a puddle and stayed a liquid.
Some benefits of having such cold temperatures:
1. My Honda Accord now comes standard with a deep freezer in the trunk and I can go grocery shopping on my lunch break.
2. I look 5 years younger for my first couple of patients in the morning due to the above mentioned temporary "botox" look.
3. Thinking spring is around the corner on Sunday when it's supposed to hit 30 degrees. A a 58 degree warm-up!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Burr! I thought it was cold here. Major heatwave. It only got to about 5 below. Someone told me that if you go blow bubbles outside with those temps, the bubbles will freeze. That could be your homework this weekend and you can report your results. Stay warm! Keep that little guy bundled up!
ReplyDeleteIt just finally got "cold" here. The other day we were walking outside with long sleeve T-shirts on. Imagine! Tiffany in a long sleeve T-shirt in "winter." I'd say temp's were in the 40s. Best of luck to the four of you the rest of the winter. How do Nolan and velvet handle these temps?
ReplyDeleteEasy. they stay inside with the heater.
ReplyDelete