Here's another allium shot. Can you see the baby dragonfly on the bottom?
Monday, May 25, 2009
Wildlife Sanctuary
I was mowing around one of our trees yesterday and I saw something move. I looked real close and there was a toad hiding in the mulch and grass clippings. I'm not sure how I didn't run him over. He let me pose for some pics though. I couldn't believe how close he let me get without scampering off. This pic is how I first saw him hiding:
Then he let me get a nice close up right in his grill. Check out those cool eyes:

Here's another allium shot. Can you see the baby dragonfly on the bottom?
Here's another allium shot. Can you see the baby dragonfly on the bottom?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree he has cool eyes but I still thinks he is gross! I think I would have freaked if I found him in my yard...although that may be something I have to deal with down in VA. :( I love the flowers. Very cool shot.
ReplyDeleteThose pics are so gorgeous! That toad would have been hopping for his life with my kids around. They would have had him in a jar if he didn't get out of dodge.
ReplyDelete