Monday, November 1, 2010

A Day in the Life of Nolan, random pics from today...



Always good to start the day on the pot! Nolan is starting to work (just a little) on potty training. I'm definitely not pushing this, because not only will he probably backslide when the baby comes, but I also am a firm believer that he needs to make the choice to do it - pushing him into it won't help. So we have at least succeeded in sitting on the pot (especially if I give him something to read), though he doesn't actually GO potty. Oh well, baby steps!

Time to make some cut out cookies for Daddy (his fav). I guess Nolan's fav too! We set up shop on the floor of the kitchen and measured and dumped (didn't get a photo for fear of getting floured). Then rolled it out and got to cutting. Nolan especially loved the sprinkles. We moved the project to the table for comfort, though it was quite messy either way=) I would say Nolan's favorite part of the whole process was the pic below.

We were blessed with some beautiful weather today. We got to watch the cement mixer pour the neighbors basement (always a favorite thing for Nolan), and have a picnic lunch on the deck, though we cuddled in a blankie since it was a bit chilly in the shade of our house. Nolan wanted to put on his conductor outfit. Occasionally we can hear the train along the rives, which gets Nolan pretty excited. His outfit actually came with a whistle, too - not pictures.
YAY!!! DADDY'S HOME!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures. Sam and Nolan have so much in common. He loves making cookies too... especially the sprinkles. And he gets very excited whenever he hears the train. Too bad we missed the cement pouring. Sam would have loved that. Good luck with the potty training. For us it went much easier than I expected, but Sam was a little older than Nolan at the time (about 2 and 1/2). It was nice to get it done before the baby came, but regardless of when you do it, you probably won't have to deal with 2 in diapers for very long. That picture of Nolan reading a book on the potty is fantastic. Sam reads a lot of books when he sits, and I'm not allowed to be in the room any more. :) They grow up so dang fast.

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.